To stay put in competition of being lapped up by customers is no mean task, for everything at the end boils down to mostly one aspect – quality. And ensuring quality at every stage of the application development process requires engaging software testing solutions that lay greater emphasis on software QA testing processes such as unit testing, functional testing, performance testing, security testing, and user acceptance testing, among many others. Moreover, given the deluge of applications covering every possible domain present on the internet, there exists many software testing companies dishing out software testing solutions as well, many of which do not necessarily conform to the highest benchmarks of software QA testing protocols.
Hence, it becomes imperative for companies to engage software testing companies with the required skill sets – of developing bespoke software testing solutions. Implementing effective software QA testing is helpful in assessing the features, functionality, navigability, security and usability of an application, which in turn, ensures that the application remains robust and free of bugs. Such an application will always find a market for customers, as enterprises are always on the lookout for applications that meet their expectations – qualitatively.
Ten reasons why choosing the right software testing solutions is important:
1) Software specific: Every application aims at a particular goal, and requires customised software QA testing suite to achieve the same. For example: A health related software can’t be tested by using a general testing software.
2) Meeting regulatory benchmarks: Applications to be used in particular segments such as healthcare, requires abiding regulatory IEC or ISO specifications. In such cases if effective software QA testing is not used, the application may fall foul of such standards thereby inviting stiff penalties.
3) Meeting customers’ expectations: Customers have different expectations from an application – some might be satisfied with cool looking interfaces while others might want faster downloads and results.
4) Risk level: The type, scope and quality of risk may vary across applications. The risks associated with a health related application may be different from say, a financial application. Thus, choosing right software testing companies is critical.
5) Testers’ expertise: The skills of software testers play an important role in choosing a testing software. For example: if the testing software is complex to grasp and execute, the company might need to reskill the in-house testers or hire new ones, which is a costly proposition.
6) Time constraints: A complex testing suite might take time for testers to understand and execute its sequences, which might lead to a delay in releasing the software in the market.
7) Losing the competitive edge: The use of any run of the mill testing software might not test the application in its entirety, thus leaving scope for the presence of bugs. This might lead to deterioration in quality and a bad user experience.
8) Budget constraints: Many testing suites by software testing companies are available at a premium, which strains the budget. Hence, choosing the right testing software – preferably from the cloud, may tick all the right boxes including budget.
9) Checking all stages and scenarios: The right testing software should be able to check all stages of the application development process including all input scenarios.
10) Impact on ROI: A better tested application has a greater chance of being accepted by customers leading to better conversion and ROI for the company.
Choosing the right kind of testing software will ensure quality, stability and marketability of the application.
Michael works for Cigniti Technologies, which is the world’s first Independent Software Testing Services Company to be appraised at CMMI-SVC Level 5, and an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001:2013 certified organization.